More Useful Stuff
- +This Is Why Social Media Is Actually Terrible For Your Social Life
- +You Can Now Watch 3D Hologram Porn In Your Home. Thanks, Star Wars
- +This Super Easy iPhone Trick Will Free Up Gigs Of Storage—and You Don’t Have to Delete Anything
- +Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard
- +Shoot Your Own Time-Lapse Movie
Thinking of getting your Christmas shopping done early? Look out for the Walkman NWZ-W260…
In what seemed like the blink of an eye, the mighty Sony Walkman went from being the premium personal audio player to the bottom of the dusty bargain bin at Game. For whatever reason (perhaps Sony execs thought the MP3 format threatened their record label) the iPod replaced it as the gold standard of digital media players.
The new Walkman NWZ-W260 is hardly likely to change that, but it offers what the Apple doesn’t. A wire-free option. Supplied Content Transfer software allows drag-and-drop file exchanging from your PC or iTunes library and a fully charged battery plays for up to eight hours. That’s plenty, unless you’re doing Ironman.
That orange W may stand for ‘Walkman’ and even ‘wireless’, but it’s also water-resistant and washable. So you don’t have to wait for the Kings of Leon album to finish, just jump straight into the shower and keep listening.
Available in South Africa October 2011