More Useful Stuff
- +WOAH: Here Are 5 Ways Hypnosis Can Help You Lose Weight, Quit Smoking And Lead A Better Life
- +A Race to the Finish: How to Tackle Stage Racing with Manuel Fumic
- +Do These Things Before You Turn 50
- +Going Bald? Here’s When You Should Shave Your Head
- +Here's Why You Need to Walk More than 10,000 Steps Per Day
Renier Janse van Rensburg earned his title of Pancake King after producing a record-breaking 724 pancakes per hour for over eight hours from five frying pans. He says the temperature of the pan is more important than the batter. “If the pan sings when you pour the batter in, then it’s too hot.” His Highness recommends a simple recipe using a non-stick pan and adding 2 tablespoons of oil into the batter. Let the mix stand for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight like Janse Van Rensburg does.
Mix a batter fit for kings
1 cup of flour
1 cup of water
1 cup of milk
¼ tbsp salt
¼ tbsp baking
Gently lift an edge of the pancake with your spatula. If it’s golden brown then it’s ready for lift-off. Slide your spatula under the entire pancake, and lift and flip with one motion. Voila!