More Useful Stuff
- +Here's How Caffeine Can Boost Your Gym Performance - Even If You Already Drink A Lot Of Coffee
- +This 10-Minute Trick Will Wake You Up More Than Caffeine Does
- +6 Signs You’re Addicted To Caffeine
- +Would You Get A Coffee And Um, Cream At A Blowjob Cafe Staffed By Sex Robots?
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
3 easy steps to brewing World Champion coffee.
Heat the water
Boiling water can scald the grounds, but water that’s too cool won’t extract their full flavour. The ideal range is right around 93°C. To reach that, boil filtered water in a kettle and then let it cool for 30 to 60 seconds.
Prep the filter
Pour a bit of just-boiled water through the filter to saturate it and wash off loose fibres that would sour your coffee. Then toss out any excess water from the cone and place it on top of the mug.
Brew the coffee
Fill the filter with two rounded tablespoons of grounds. Gradually pour in just enough water to saturate the grounds. Wait for the coffee grounds to “bloom” – about 60 to 90 seconds. Now, starting in the middle of the cone, pour the remaining water in a slow, narrow stream, working in circles out towards the edge. Don’t flood the cone.
And if one cup isn’t enough for you, you’ll be very glad to know that we’ve got MORE COFFEE!