More Useful Stuff
- +4 Ways To Finish Up Every Single Workout. Every Single Time.
- +4 Health Hacks Women Already Know That You Should Too
- +These 6 Workouts Are Guaranteed To Give You A Flatter Stomach
- +Your Step-By-Step Guide To Winning Her Heart (Assisted By Science)
- +This. Right Here. Is What You'll Be Cooking All Summer Long
If you’re not the fishy type, Omega 3 isn’t the only way to boost your memory. But can a cuppa with green tea extract every now and then take you a step closer to having the memory of an elephant?
While previous studies discovered green tea’s ability to enhance cognitive function, this study examined how green tea extract could affect brain function to improve cognition.
In the study, a small group of volunteers drank beverages containing either no green tea extract or different amounts of it, on different occasions. Participants then did various tasks that measured their working memory while undergoing MRI to determine what effect green tea extract had on connectivity between different parts of the brain.
Green tea extract turned out to have a non-significant impact of better working memory and was associated with differences in local brain activity, particularly greater connectivity between the parietal and the frontal cortex of the brain. These changes in connectivity were correlated with changes in working memory.