More Useful Stuff
- +WOAH: Here Are 5 Ways Hypnosis Can Help You Lose Weight, Quit Smoking And Lead A Better Life
- +A Race to the Finish: How to Tackle Stage Racing with Manuel Fumic
- +Do These Things Before You Turn 50
- +Going Bald? Here’s When You Should Shave Your Head
- +Here's Why You Need to Walk More than 10,000 Steps Per Day
Don’t shake this off: Hiring managers view job candidates with a firm handshake as more outgoing and capable than those with a weak grip, finds a study from the Journal of Applied Psychology.
Fair or not, a firm handshake indicates self-confidence and extroversion, the authors say.
Boost your odds of scoring a job by perfecting your handshake. These techniques will do the trick, according to research from the University of Glasgow and Psychological Science.
1. Hook Them With ‘Hello’
Before you even extend your hand, offer a polite ‘hello.’ Stress the first syllable instead of speaking in monotone, which people perceive as untrustworthy.
2. Start Early
When you’re 6 feet away, hold out your hand and tilt your fingers down.
3. Go In For the Kill
Step forward with a confident handshake. scooping your palm into the other person’s palm.