More Useful Stuff
- +6 Hacks To Kickstart Your Creativity And Brainpower When You're Feeling Sluggish
- +14 Hacks That Will Make You The World's Greatest Dad
- +This Simple Mind Trick Can Lower Your Cortisol Levels And Ease Anxiety
- +5 Daily Habits That You Don't Realise Are Making You Anxious
- +Here's Why Your Children's Future Depends On How Much You Let Them Play In The Dirt
Q: My wife shouts at our kids constantly. Some of it they deserve, most of it they don’t. I think she uses it as stress relief. How can I get her to ease up?
A: She’s not shouting at the kids – she’s shouting at you for not being tougher on the kids. It isn’t right that she’s lashing out at the youngsters, but my guess is she’s frustrated about carrying the burden of running the family penal system.
Talk to her when the kids are in bed, confess how you feel about her loudmouth act and tell her you’re willing to play bad cop. Step it up, and she’ll tone it down.