More Useful Stuff
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +A Selfie A Day Keeps The Blues Away, According To A New Study
- +Your Supper, Sorted: Beef Kebabs And Sweet Potato Chips
- +Do This With Your Finger To Make Healthier Food Choices
- +5 Festive Season Food Hacks To Stop You Eating Til You Feel Bloated And Guilty
Watch what you nosh at night: there’s a reason why eating late is a bad idea. Evening eating may lead to high blood pressure, according to a UK study. People who consumed the most kilojoules – an average of 443 – after dinner also had the largest increase in both diastolic (3mm Hg) and systolic (5mm Hg) blood pressure over 10 years. Here are 12 Strategies for High Blood Pressure. One theory: late-night eating interferes with a blood-vessel-dilating compound called nitric oxide, the researchers say. Better to tighten your belt before bed and loosen it in the morning – study participants who ate the biggest breakfasts were also the least likely to develop hypertension.