More Useful Stuff
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +Why Samuel L. Jackson Wants To Talk About Your Balls
Get up with the sparrows to ward off weight gain.
Late risers, defined as those who stay in bed until 10am, take in an extra 1 035kJ throughout the day, according to research at Northwestern University in Illinois. It seems that when sleeping and eating are not aligned with one’s body clock it can change appetite and metabolism. Here’s how irregular hours affected the diets of late and normal risers (defined as those who are up by 8am).
Normal Risers Weekly Servings Vs Late Risers
3 Fast Food 5
24 Fruit and Veg 13
1.3 Fizzy Drinks 4.5
7 Caffeinated Drinks 13