More Useful Stuff
- +Think You'd Notice If You Had A Heart Attack? Think Again
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +Why Samuel L. Jackson Wants To Talk About Your Balls
Face it: a bad diet can have ugly consequences. Scientists at NYU report that high-glycaemic foods, such as rice, potatoes, bread and sugary snacks and drinks, may contribute to acne. A diet loaded with sugars and starches causes a rise in insulin and blood glucose, which may influence hormones and other proteins that make breakouts worse, the researchers say. For a healthy face (and body), limit your carb intake to no more than 40% of your total daily kilojoules and eliminate high-glycaemic foods, says Valerie Berkowitz, director of nutrition at the Center for Balanced Health. Feed Your Face with these natural, healthy ingredients.