More Useful Stuff
- +Yoga Your Way to a Strong Back
- +Here's Why You Should Get A Massage If You're Struggling With These 8 Health Issues
- +Here's How You Can Blast Back Pain And Muscle Stiffness - With Just A Tennis Ball
- +We Took On The 30 Day Standing Desk Challenge. Here's What Happened
- +Here's How You Can Hack Your Hamstrings To Stop Back Ache
Yoga, jogging, pylometrics? There are many theories about what is the best form of exercise if you suffer from back pain. A recent study has shown that, contrary to popular belief, load-bearing exercises used in weight training may be the best form of training for those with chronic back pain.
“The study, done in conjunction with the University of Regina, showed a 60 per cent improvement in pain and function levels for people with chronic backache who took part in a 16-week exercise program of resistance training using dumbbells, barbells and other load-bearing exercise equipment. “
**Bottom line**: Suffering from back pain doesn’t mean you should give up the weights. Just don’t overstress your back.