More Useful Stuff
- +The Science Is In: Funny Dudes Make The Best Lovers
- +Is It Actually Possible to Be Allergic to Exercise?
- +Dry, Itchy And Flaky Scalp? Here’s The No-Nonsense Fix
- +This Guy Is Proof That No Excuse Is Too Big To Stand Between You And Your Goals
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
Zayn Malik recently cancelled a concert that he was due to perform at in London due to continuing problems with anxiety.
His statement on Instagram (below) explains to fans the problems he’s been experiencing and asks for empathy. We think Zayn is setting a great example. Too many guys with depression and anxiety suffer in silence. The traditional masculine archetype of facing difficulties with stoic strength prevents many men from seeking necessary help.
The bottom line: We believe that a healthy lifestyle can help you to cope with anxiety (See How Running Can Help You Beat Stress-Related Anxiety) but ff, like Zayn, you are experiencing problems with depression in anxiety then you should think about seeing a mental health professional. Reaching out is not a sign of weakness it’s a sign of strength.