More Useful Stuff
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +Why Samuel L. Jackson Wants To Talk About Your Balls
- +6 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Clean-up in artery seven. And here’s your mop: berberine, a plant extract that can reduce your cholesterol, according to researchers in Italy. When people consumed 1 000mg of berberine a day for three months, their LDL cholesterol and triglycer- ides fell by 16% and 21% respectively. Past research on berberine suggests that it might inhibit an enzyme associated with atherosclerosis. This may make berberine a good option for people who have tried statins and stopped because of such side effects as muscle pain. “For people who are unable to take statins, this might be a consideration, but you should certainly review it with your physician first,” says cardiologist Dr Prediman K Shah.