More Useful Stuff
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +The Chest Workout You Will Love to Hate
- +11 Positions You Should Definitely Try For Maximum Penetration During Sex
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
Stand up, and push your chair out of the way. Now cross your legs and sit on the floor. Next, return to a standing position. Got it? You just completed the Sitting-Rising Test, which research suggests is an excellent predictor of how long you’ll live.
Here’s how to do it:
Give yourself 5 points for sitting down, but subtract a point for each hand, knee, or other body part you had to use to get there.
Give yourself another 5 points for standing up, but, again, subtract a point for each support used.
Each point you earn is associated with a 21% decrease in death from all causes.
While it’s long been known that aerobic fitness is linked to longevity, researchers believe that the Sitting-Rising Test demonstrates that flexibility, muscle strength, and coordination can help you live longer, too.