More Useful Stuff
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +Why Samuel L. Jackson Wants To Talk About Your Balls
- +6 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
We all know that being overweight can be harmful to our health, but new research suggests that it can even affect our taste buds. According to a new mouse study, obesity is linked to changes in the ability to detect sweetness. While previous studies showed that obesity can lead to alterations in the brain and in the nerves that control the taste system, this study shows found that it also alters how the tongue perceives flavours. Try these Weird Diets That Work then check out The Best Fat-Burning Exercise. In the study, researchers compared 25 mice and 25 litter mates that were fed high-fat chow and became obese. This led to obese mice having fewer taste cells that responded to sweet taste and subsequently reduced their ability to perceive sweetness in their taste cells.