More Useful Stuff
- +This Your Goto Next Time Someone Drops The "But I Don't Have Time To Workout" Excuse
- +Listen Up: Here Are 4 Ways Your Brain Will Suffer If You Stop Working Out
- +Make These 7 Tiny Changes And You'll Lose 5kgs
- +This Is How You Will Avoid Gaining Weight This Festive Season
- +4 STDs You Might Already Have
While weight loss is often recommended for treating obesity-related liver diseases, some research suggests that exercise may offer benefits in addition to weight loss, according to a new study. The 212 middle-aged obese men in the study, with abnormal liver function, were randomly assigned to follow either a 12-week weight loss diet with no exercise or a 12-week exercise programme with no diet restrictions. By the end of the study, both groups had lost weight, with those who followed the weight loss diet having lost significantly more. Both groups had improved liver function, inflammation and oxidative stress, with those in the exercise group showing greater improvements. Coffee: Good For Your Liver.