More Useful Stuff
- +Do This With Your Finger To Make Healthier Food Choices
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
- +8 High-Protein Breakfasts That Aren’t All about Eggs
1.Choose rice instead of butter or garlic naan.
2.Don’t have anything that says butter in the name, like Balti butter chicken (which contains a combo of butter, cream and yoghurt).
3.Avoid pilaf rices because they are cooked with lots of fat and rich coconut milk.
4.When eating out, opt for dry rubbed dishes, such as kebabs and tandoori chicken instead of the oilier, creamier sauced curries.
5.Generally lamb curries have a high fat content because lamb has lots of fat along its collagen fibres, which gives it such a great flavour. If indulging in a lamb curry, order anything containing saag, meaning spinach or dhal (the collective term for lentils), to lower your glycaemic index intake.
6.Cooking a lamb curry at home? When it cools down scoop the layer of fat and oil off the top. Don’t do it while cooking because the lamb won’t break down properly.
7.If cooking a Thai or Southern Indian dish with coconut milk or coconut cream, use light coconut milk instead.