More Useful Stuff
- +Fix Your Face With Things You Already Have In Your Fridge
- +Should You Go Gluten-Free? The Truth Behind The World's Most Hated Protein
- +Think You'd Notice If You Had A Heart Attack? Think Again
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
Your multivitamin may have a sinister side,
according to a study from Taiwan. People who were given a sugar pill they thought was a multi were more likely to opt for a buffet lunch and take short cuts while walking than people who knew they were popping a placebo. We may believe that vitamins offset bad habits, says study author Dr Wen-Bin Chiou. As you take your multi, plan at least three healthy actions to take that day.
And remember: Swallow your multi with water, never tea. The polyphenols in tea can affect mineral absorption.