More Useful Stuff
- +There's a Strange Link Between Your Weight & Your Spouse's
- +Eat These Common Foods to Cut Your Risk Of Colon Cancer
- +Man With Problems Peeing Gets 800g Stone Removed From Bladder
- +The Sex Position Most Likely to Break Your Penis
- +How Lifting Just an Hour a Week Can Protect You From This Serious Condition
Yes, even water needs to be consumed in moderation – and your brain will tell you when to stop.
The human brain has an in-built mechanism that tells us when we’ve had enough water to drink, according to a new preliminary brain imaging study from the University of Melbourne and the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health (Australia).
Drinking too much water can cause metabolic imbalances and even result in death, say the authors of the study. So be careful not to over-hydrate. Here’s how much water you should drink for optimal health.