More Useful Stuff
- +Zero to Hero Week 6: This Guy Has Found 3 Plant-Based Protein Powerhouses That Actually Work
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Your Cheat Sheet To Instantly Start Eating Healthier (And Staying Leaner)
- +Pushing 40 And You Still Haven't Found The One?
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
Grab a bunch of grapes: men with metabolic syndrome (a set of conditions that can lead to heart disease) who ate the powder equivalent of about two cups of grapes daily for a month lowered their systolic blood pressure by six points, according to a study from the University of Connecticut. The polyphenols in grapes may help relax blood vessels and improve their function, the scientists say. Lesser amounts of grapes may produce a similar though diminished effect, they speculate.