More Useful Stuff
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +7 Things You Do In the Morning That Make You Feel Tired All Day
- +Eat Your Way To A Healthy Heart With These 5 Snacks
White wine is the Casey Affleck of healthy boozing – overshadowed by a celebrity sibling but worthy in its own right. Wine’s benefits stem from grape polyphenols that provide antioxidant protection and ease inflammation; a review from the University of Hawaii at Hilo linked wine drinking with lower risks of heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. Yes, red wine has more polyphenols because, unlike white, it’s fermented with antioxidant-rich grape skins. But white wine beats red when it comes to brain-saving compounds called hydroxycinnamates, reports a French review. So drink up, but don’t average more than two 140ml glasses a night or 14 a week, says Dr Ted Epperly, family-medicine advisor.