More Useful Stuff
- +WOAH: Here Are 5 Ways Hypnosis Can Help You Lose Weight, Quit Smoking And Lead A Better Life
- +A Race to the Finish: How to Tackle Stage Racing with Manuel Fumic
- +Do These Things Before You Turn 50
- +Going Bald? Here’s When You Should Shave Your Head
- +Here's Why You Need to Walk More than 10,000 Steps Per Day
Mental stress can torpedo your sperm quality. So if baby-making is on your agenda, try a new position to beef it up.
A yoga position, that is.
According to geneticist Rima Dada, Ph.D., yoga can make your sperm healthier.
Men in her study who did yoga 5 days a week saw a significant reduction in oxidative stress after just 15 days, and DNA damage in their sperm improved after 6 months, increasing their odds of being virile.
Still, if she’s unable to conceive even after you’ve given yoga a shot, you should loop in your doctor.
If you’ve been having unprotected sex for 12 months without conceiving, it’s a good idea for both of you to get checked, says Darius Paduch, M.D., Ph.D., director of sexual health and medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Your appointment will likely include a thorough physical exam, a sperm sample, and blood tests that check hormone and blood sugar levels.
Treatment depends on the cause of your infertility—you may be given hormonal meds to stimulate normal sperm production, or undergo surgical treatment if you have conditions like varicoceles.