More Useful Stuff
- +These 3 Life-Changing Tips Helped This Guy Beat Knee Pain (and get JACKED!)
- +WARNING: These Exercises Will Injure You If You Don't Stop Now
- +Got A Shoulder Injury? This Guy Will Show You How To Recover Without The Relapse
- +FOUND: The Secret To Your Best Bench Press!
- +This Guy Will Show You How Build These Bulletproof Shoulders
Too Quick A Switch To Minimalist Shoes Can Cause Problems
Researchers recruited 36 experienced, recreational runners and had 19 of them gradually transition to running in VibramFiveFinger running shoes over a period of 10 weeks. The rest of the runners continued to run in their standard shoes. MRIs before and after were used to look for bone damage. All the runners had similar MRI results at the outset. After the 10-week period 10 of the 19 transitioners had increased bone marrow edema in at least one bone — a larger increase than seen in the traditional shoe wearers. The researchers suggest a transition to minimalist shoes should be done very slowly to avoid possible injuries.