More Useful Stuff
- +How Lifting Just an Hour a Week Can Protect You From This Serious Condition
- +Is Drinking Every Day—Even a Little Bit—Going to Turn You Into an Alcoholic?
- +This Deadly Outcome Proves Pot Is Not Always As Harmless As You Think
- +Can Sending Shockwaves to Your Penis Boost Your Erection?
- +Picking Sweetener Over Sugar May Be Making You Fat
Scientists used MRI imaging to monitor the brains of forty 18 to 25-year olds. Half of whom had smoked weed once a week, and half who had never smoked weed or had smoked very little.
They found that the areas of the brain involved in emotion and motivation differed in shape when compared to non-smokers.
“This study raises a strong challenge to the idea that casual marijuana use isn’t associated with bad consequences,” says study leader Hans Breiter.