More Useful Stuff
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +How You Can Last Longer In Bed: Advice From A Sex Therapist Who Beat Premature Ejaculation
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Would Condoms Ruin Porn?
- +NSFW: Can Your Sex Life Be Like A Porno?
You should already have gauze pads, plasters, painkillers and wipes in your first-aid kit. Bolster it with these 4 First-Aid Upgrades
1. Duct Tape
It’s waterproof, super-sticky, and versatile. “Pack multiuse things that are hard to improvise,” says Dr Matthew Stauffer, a Wilderness Medicine Institute instructor.
It’s perfect for covering road rash, burns, and abrasions. Brian Webster, a fellow for the Academy of Wilderness Medicine, calls this stuff “Gore-Tex for your skin.” (Tegaderm dressing R418, wantitall.co.za).
3. Safety Pins
They require next to no room in your pack – and are just as multipurpose as that duct tape. Use them to extract splinters, for example, or to turn a shirt into a sling.
4. 3M Vetrap
Vetrap is designed to wrap horses’ ankles, but you don’t have to be Seabiscuit to benefit. “It’s like an Ace bandage that sticks to itself,” says Stauffer. (R293, wantitall.co.za).