More Useful Stuff
- +The Surprising Health Risk Of Your Gluten-Free Diet
- +Three Yoga Poses for Overweight Men
- +11 Ways You Can Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally - No Meds Required
- +Three Things We Learned about a Standing Desk
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
Just 10 one-hour yoga sessions can reduce your blood pressure and cause measurable weight loss
This small study suggests that just ten one-hour yoga sessions, spread over two weeks, plus an equal number of hours of health, stress management, and nutrition advice (a predominantly vegetarian diet with wholegrains, beans and lots of vegetables was promoted), may be enough to cause measurable weight loss, reduction in systolic blood pressure, and improvement in blood markers for chronic inflammation. The study included 30 overweight men, all of whom participated in the yoga and advice sessions. There appears not to have been any measure of actual diet consumed before or during the study, making it impossible to know how much of the improvement was due to nutritional factors. Despite these deficiencies the changes in body weight, blood pressure and blood chemistry are quite impressive considering the limited duration of the sessions. Further studies with controls and diet tracking would be interesting.