More Useful Stuff
- +Be A Missionary God With These 6 Skills Stolen From The Kama Sutra
- +8 Ways You Can Catch Her Eye Without Saying a Single Word
- +Fix Your Face With Things You Already Have In Your Fridge
- +Should You Go Gluten-Free? The Truth Behind The World's Most Hated Protein
- +One Of the Best Lower-Body Exercises On the Planet Just Got Even Better
Getting to the gym is hard. You’d rather do anything else, than pull on your shoes and start sweating. But once you’re there, it’s not so bad. So how do you keep getting yourself there? A new study shows that financial incentives increase exercise participation by almost 12%, reports the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. In the study the amount offered ranged from about 20 bucks to over R400, but even the smallest amount increased participation. It’s pretty unlikely someone is going pay you to go to gym, but create your own rewards programme – stick to your gym routine for two weeks and then allow yourself to splash out.