More Useful Stuff
- +Women Reveal The One Thing That Instantly Attracts Them To You
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Feel The Burn In Just 4 Minutes With This Insane Burpee Workout
- +Are Your Testosterone Levels Normal?
- +These Guys Revealed The One Thing They Would Do If It Wasn't Considered Too "Girly"
Getting to the gym is hard. You’d rather do anything else, than pull on your shoes and start sweating. But once you’re there, it’s not so bad. So how do you keep getting yourself there? A new study shows that financial incentives increase exercise participation by almost 12%, reports the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. In the study the amount offered ranged from about 20 bucks to over R400, but even the smallest amount increased participation. It’s pretty unlikely someone is going pay you to go to gym, but create your own rewards programme – stick to your gym routine for two weeks and then allow yourself to splash out.