More Useful Stuff
- +Zero to Hero Week 6: This Guy Has Found 3 Plant-Based Protein Powerhouses That Actually Work
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Your Cheat Sheet To Instantly Start Eating Healthier (And Staying Leaner)
- +Pushing 40 And You Still Haven't Found The One?
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
Getting to the gym is hard. You’d rather do anything else, than pull on your shoes and start sweating. But once you’re there, it’s not so bad. So how do you keep getting yourself there? A new study shows that financial incentives increase exercise participation by almost 12%, reports the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. In the study the amount offered ranged from about 20 bucks to over R400, but even the smallest amount increased participation. It’s pretty unlikely someone is going pay you to go to gym, but create your own rewards programme – stick to your gym routine for two weeks and then allow yourself to splash out.