More Useful Stuff
- +Zero to Hero Week 6: This Guy Has Found 3 Plant-Based Protein Powerhouses That Actually Work
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Your Cheat Sheet To Instantly Start Eating Healthier (And Staying Leaner)
- +Pushing 40 And You Still Haven't Found The One?
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
Isn’t it time you ask more of your watch?
Horology sounds dirty. But actually it’s the art of making watches, and nobody knows what makes them tick better than Phil Duffell, the manager of Cellini Jewelers in New York’s Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. Here are a few of his favourite features.
A scale, inscribed around the watch’s rim, measures speed – either yours or that of an object you’re watching. A quality watch doesn’t just tell time. It says a lot about a man
This simply means it has a built-in 12-hour stopwatch.
3 Display back
The transparent crystal on the back reveals the innards of the timepiece. It’s not useful, but it scores high in the cool stakes.
4 Slide rule
There’s an analogue calculator on the face of the watch, enabling you to do multiplication, division and metric conversions.
5 Dual time zone
The second time zone, convenient for business travellers, is displayed in a much smaller window