More Useful Stuff
This high-protein meal is super easy to make
Looking for the perfect mix of savory and sweet? These grilled steak kebabs with sweet potato fries should do the trick.
This protein-packed meal is super easy to make, too—just throw your ingredients into one pan and grill ‘em up.
And if you want to kick the flavor up a notch with a smoky char, invest in a heavier-duty cast iron grill pan (like this one) to sear your meats and vegetables at a higher temperature.
Follow the video above to see how to make it, or use the recipe below as your guide.
Grilled Steak Kebabs With Sweet Potato Fries
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into fry-sized wedges
- ½ lb tenderloin, cut into pieces
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
How to Make It:
1. Halve two wood skewers and soak them in water.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a grill pan on medium high. Add the potatoes; cover and cook till just tender, 5 minutes.
3. Skewer the beef and pepper pieces and brush the kebabs with 1 teaspoon of oil; drizzle with soy sauce. Uncover the spuds and char them, turning now and then, 5 minutes.
4. Push them to the edge; add the kebabs. Sear on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
Makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 351 calories, 34g protein, 13g carbs (3g fiber), 17g fat