More Useful Stuff
- +8 Incredible Sweet Snacks For When You Crave Dessert, But You're On A Diet
- +Why You Should Be Taking Probiotics If You Want A Flat Belly
- +Eat These 5 Foods To Slow Down Hair Loss
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Eat These 8 Best Foods For All-Day Energy
Doctor’s orders: Spinach, goat’s cheese and mixed berry salad recipe.
“This salad recipe is packed with antioxidants and it’s filling,” says Dr Adnan Nasir, a clinical professor of dermatology at the University of North Carolina.
1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, 1½ tbsp red-wine vinegar, 2 tsp blackstrap molasses, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp finely grated or minced ginger, zest of ½ lemon (about 1½ tsp), 6 cups baby spinach, 1½ cup mixed berries (such as strawberries or blueberries), ¼ cup walnut halves, 60g crumbled goat’s cheese
1. Whisk the oil, vinegar, molasses, ginger and lemon zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Toss the spinach and berries in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
3. Divide the salad between two plates or bowls. Top each with half the walnuts, half the goat’s cheese and freshly ground black pepper and serve.