More Useful Stuff
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Your Supper, Sorted: Beef Kebabs And Sweet Potato Chips
- +Do This With Your Finger To Make Healthier Food Choices
- +5 Festive Season Food Hacks To Stop You Eating Til You Feel Bloated And Guilty
- +Your New Favourite Recipe. This Is The Single Best Way to Cook a Steak
Doctor’s orders: Spinach, goat’s cheese and mixed berry salad recipe.
“This salad recipe is packed with antioxidants and it’s filling,” says Dr Adnan Nasir, a clinical professor of dermatology at the University of North Carolina.
1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, 1½ tbsp red-wine vinegar, 2 tsp blackstrap molasses, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp finely grated or minced ginger, zest of ½ lemon (about 1½ tsp), 6 cups baby spinach, 1½ cup mixed berries (such as strawberries or blueberries), ¼ cup walnut halves, 60g crumbled goat’s cheese
1. Whisk the oil, vinegar, molasses, ginger and lemon zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Toss the spinach and berries in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
3. Divide the salad between two plates or bowls. Top each with half the walnuts, half the goat’s cheese and freshly ground black pepper and serve.