More Useful Stuff
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +Use This Super-Easy Trick To Make Your Steak More Tender
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
Doctor’s orders: Spinach, goat’s cheese and mixed berry salad recipe.
“This salad recipe is packed with antioxidants and it’s filling,” says Dr Adnan Nasir, a clinical professor of dermatology at the University of North Carolina.
1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, 1½ tbsp red-wine vinegar, 2 tsp blackstrap molasses, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp finely grated or minced ginger, zest of ½ lemon (about 1½ tsp), 6 cups baby spinach, 1½ cup mixed berries (such as strawberries or blueberries), ¼ cup walnut halves, 60g crumbled goat’s cheese
1. Whisk the oil, vinegar, molasses, ginger and lemon zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Toss the spinach and berries in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
3. Divide the salad between two plates or bowls. Top each with half the walnuts, half the goat’s cheese and freshly ground black pepper and serve.