More Useful Stuff
- +We Found The Healthiest Burger Out Of SA's Top Chain Burger Joints
- +These 5 Foods Are Hiding Dangerous Levels Of Salt - And No, Chips Aren't The Culprits Here
- +FAT HACK: The Fit Guy’s Guide To Eating Fast Food Without Piling On Pounds
- +Hunger Hack: Here's How To Tell If You're Hungry or Just Bored
- +This Is Why You're So Hungry After A Hangover
An empty stomach may cloud your thinking and turn you into an eating machine.
New research from Yale University confirms that the hungrier you are, the harder you may find it to resist high-kilojoule foods.
In the study, when people’s bloodsugar levels dropped, they expressed more desire for belly busters like burgers, pizza, brownies, and ice cream than they did when those levels were normal.
When your blood sugar drops, all your body cares about is feeding itself to boost those levels, say the scientists.
Your strategy: keep hunger at bay with smart snacks (including protein) every few hours.