More Useful Stuff
- +The Amount Of Protein That Will Max Out Your Gains
- +MUSCLE FUEL: Sausage, Egg and Garlicky Greens
- +This 15-Minute Pasta Dinner Has 29 Grams Of Protein
- +Pro Tip: Add This Secret Ingredient To Your Tuna Salad For The Ultimate Muscle Meal
- +This Shake Delivers The Optimal Nutrient Blend For Muscle Growth
Tuna is a protein-packed muscle food. Too bad it reeks of boredom. Upgrade from cat food to one of these flavour-packed picks.
Fresh tuna, skinless and deboned
Yellowfin (Thunnus albacares), available at Woolworths, is a firm, dense meat and mild in flavour. If locally captured with a tuna pole, this tuna falls onto the green SASSI (The South African Sustainable Seafood Initiative) list.
PnP No Name light meat shredded tuna in salt water
A great pantry stocker, this clean tasting tuna had the lowest sodium content out of eight tunas found on shelf and it had the highest omega-3 content too.
John West light meat solid tuna in salt water
Contains skipjack tuna and has a ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids of 1.3:1, close to the ideal ratio of 1:1, as thought to have been eaten by Palaeolithic man.
Saldanha flaked light meat tuna in vegetable oil
This tuna is packed in soybean oil, which adds more heart-healthy omega-3 oils. Great for stir-fries or a workday salad.