Served with a drizzle of oil and added Parmesan shavings, this linguine with tomato basil recipe will keep you coming for more.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 800g ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- maldon salt
- 500g dry linguine
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 basil leaves, torn
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
1. In a very large frying pan, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Add 2 tbsp water to the pan. Remove from the heat.
2. In a large pot of well-salted boiling water, cook the pasta until it’s 2 minutes shy of al dente; drain.
3. Toss the pasta into the pan with the tomatoes. Add butter and basil and cook over medium until the pasta is just al dente, 1 to 2 minutes. Toss in the Parmesan and season with salt, adding more water if the sauce is dry. Serve with a drizzle of oil and more cheese.
Makes 4 servings