More Useful Stuff
Fed up of feeling tired after your standard-issue lunch rations? You need a super-sarmie to fifill you up without filling you out, and power you through until 6pm.
2 slices sourdough rye bread
2 tsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 tsp chilli paste
Squeeze of lime juice
100g cooked turkey
3 slices smoked bacon or smoked chicken
1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
1 medium tomato, sliced
1 handful of baby spinach
1. Toast slices of bread.
2. Mix mayo and chillies and deploy onto one slice.
3. Peel half the avocado; bayonet until mushed then hose down with lime juice; spread over other piece of toast and season.
4. Slice other half of the avocado.
5. Layer slices of avocado, turkey, bacon (or chicken) and egg in regimented order.
6. Put spinach leaves and tomato into a sandwich bag and add them just before eating to prevent the bleeders going all yellow-bellied on you.
Mission Status: Success
Low-GI sourdough rye maintains steady energy levels all day. The combined protein power of egg, turkey and bacon (or chicken) fights hunger pangs. Adding chilli to the low-fat mayo perks up your metabolism while the eggs fire up your brain. Avocado lowers cholesterol and increases your absorption of nutrients from the spinach and tomato. Take no prisoners!
2 361kJ, protein 44g, carb 38g, fat 27g
(saturated fat 8g), fibre 7g