More Useful Stuff
- +Why You Should Be Taking Probiotics If You Want A Flat Belly
- +Eat These 5 Foods To Slow Down Hair Loss
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Eat These 8 Best Foods For All-Day Energy
- +Are You Hangry Every Day? You Could Have A Metabolic Problem
1.] THEY INTENSIFY FLAVOURS
“Salt actually enhances the bitterness of hops,” says Dr Marcia Pelchat, a sensory psychologist at the Monell Chemical Senses Centre. So salty pretzels boost that glass of pale ale.
2.] THEY STRIKE A CONTRAST
Opposites attract – think cold, bubbly beer and salty, crunchy nuts. “People like varied tastes and textures,” says Pelchat. So they bounce back and forth between them.
3.] THEY FIRE YOUR TASTEBUDS
Peri-peri chicken begs for beer. “Putting any substance in your mouth will temporarily take away the heat of spicy food,” she says. So if a beer is handy, you’ll reach for it more.
MAKE THE WORLD’S BEST BAR NUTS
These warm, salty, spicy nuts will improve any beer you’re drinking
- Spread 550g unsalted mixed nuts on a baking sheet and bake until 180°C until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp ground cayenne (or to taste) and 1 tsp dark brown sugar.
- Toss the warm toasted nuts with the spiced oil and serve warm.
Makes 5 cups