More Useful Stuff
- +WOAH: Here Are 5 Ways Hypnosis Can Help You Lose Weight, Quit Smoking And Lead A Better Life
- +A Race to the Finish: How to Tackle Stage Racing with Manuel Fumic
- +Do These Things Before You Turn 50
- +Going Bald? Here’s When You Should Shave Your Head
- +Here's Why You Need to Walk More than 10,000 Steps Per Day
When scientists tested 446 plant compounds to see if they boosted your “innate” immunity, only two stood out: resveratrol found in grapes and pterostilbene found in blueberries. Boosting the immune system’s ability to fight bacterial infections is becoming more important as resistance to antibiotics grows, say the authors. They note that they did a cell culture study and that their findings do not prove that eating grapes or blueberries would strengthen immune functions, but it couldn’t hurt could it?