More Useful Stuff
- +Your Supper, Sorted: Beef Kebabs And Sweet Potato Chips
- +Your New Favourite Recipe. This Is The Single Best Way to Cook a Steak
- +Use This Super-Easy Trick To Make Your Steak More Tender
- +Forget Takeaways! You Can Make The Ultimate Burger At Home
- +Never Think About Food Again: This Guy's 5-Step Mealplan Has You Covered
You should pair the steak with the wine that you marinaded it with. Don’t want to drink cheap wine? Then remember to give your steak a good drink. It will be sure to show your taste buds just how grateful it is.
1 x 200g Steak
1 x cup of red wine
1 x cup of bear (not cider)
1 x cup of Woolworths Original Braai Marinade
Whole Black Pepper
Teaspoon of lemon juice
Mix up the red wine, beer, marinade and lemon juice in a container that will just fit the steak without spillage.
Dose the steak with some olive oil and rub in as much salt as you deem necessary – personally I prefer too little rather than too much, so for me a pinch for each side will do.
Immerse the steak into the mix, making sure that it is well covered.
Crack a few pepper corns on both sides of the Steak.
Allow the steak to sit in the mix over night.
Make a fire and wait until it’s just right. Just right means lots of heat and a little flame to lick the steak as it cooks.
Place the steak on the grill – 5 minutes each side.
Then either place the steak closer to the fire or put down some fine tinder that will create a minute of good flame.
Turn the steak in the flame for about a minute, being careful not to
burn the marinade too much.