More Useful Stuff
- +The 3 Best Things You Can Do For Your Diet This Year
- +10 Things You Probably Always Believed About Erectile Dysfunction That Are Complete Myths
- +8 Symptoms That Mean You Could Have Low Testosterone Levels
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
You can fend off one of the deadliest diseases for men in their forties – lung cancer – by not smoking, but you knew that already, right?
What you might not know is that eating broccoli, kale, and other cruciferous vegetables (of the cabbage family), will reduce your chances of contracting the disease thanks to their cancer-fighting glucosinolates.
A Johns Hopkins University study found people who regularly ate cruciferous greens were 43% less likely to develop lung cancer. A separate study found that cruciferous vegetables can also cut your risk of prostate cancer.
Here are 3 of the best foods to eat as you get older:
Dark green veg like kale contains cancer-fighting glucosinolates, for a longer, healthier life
These fruits have high levels of antioxidants, to help slow the degeneration of DNA with age.
Not just an after-dinner treat, it can lower blood pressure and cut your risk of heart disease by 33%