More Useful Stuff
- +8 High-Protein Breakfasts That Aren’t All about Eggs
- +Forget Takeaways! You Can Make The Ultimate Burger At Home
- +This Is The Best Comfort Food You'll Have All Week
- +This Guy Reckons This Workout Is The Greatest Ever. Do You Agree?
- +PLATE UP! This High-Protein Post-Workout Feast Takes Just 10 Minutes To Cook
Try this messy feast: Thai Tuna Burger with Grilled Onion and Fried Egg
Top Chef veteran Sam Talbot is the author of a book about living with diabetes called The Sweet Life. And he’s a sucker for savoury Pan-Asian flavours. Here he combines canned tuna with a complex, heady blend of curry paste, lemongrass, coriander, ginger and other spices. The resulting tuna burger grills up like a dream. If you’re cutting carbs, just skip the bun.
curry paste + bell pepper + scallions + water chestnuts
Play up tuna’s meaty texture by giving it the burger treatment.
Fry 4 eggs sunny-side up; set them aside. In a large bowl, combine 4 cans of water-packed light tuna, drained, with ½ cup each of light mayo, bread crumbs, diced red bell pepper and water chestnuts. Add ¼ cup chopped scallions, 1 tablespoon jarred green curry paste and 1 beaten egg. Form into 4 patties and grill until lightly charred, 3 minutes per side. (If you want, grill some oiled onion slices too.) Lightly toast 4 split burger buns on the grill. Combine ¼ cup light mayo with 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce. Assemble the burgers: layer buns with spicy mayo, tuna burgers, grilled onions, green-leaf lettuce and fried eggs.