More Useful Stuff
What you need to know in order to master this Tandoori-spiced Chicken Recipe
57g protein, 2 926kJ
Ingredients for chicken (serves 2)
• 1.5kg whole chicken
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
• 1 tbsp red chilli powder
Ingredients for the spiced yoghurt
• 250g plain yoghurt
• 1 tbsp garam masala
• 100ml vegetable oil
• ½ tbsp cinnamon
• ½ tbsp chilli powder
1) Joint the chicken into four pieces (two legs, two breasts with wing bones attached) and make four deep incisions in each piece.
2) Mix lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste and chilli.
Spread over the chicken.
Set aside to marinate.
Heat the oven to 180°C.
3) Mix ingredients for the spiced yoghurt and coat chicken.
4) Fry the chicken on a high heat for 7 minutes, then roast for 15 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and baste, then return to the oven for 10 minutes.