More Useful Stuff
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Your Supper, Sorted: Beef Kebabs And Sweet Potato Chips
- +Do This With Your Finger To Make Healthier Food Choices
- +5 Festive Season Food Hacks To Stop You Eating Til You Feel Bloated And Guilty
- +Your New Favourite Recipe. This Is The Single Best Way to Cook a Steak
Master the art of spicy cooking with this palate-stimulating spicy chicken salad recipe
675g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
2 slices fresh ginger
2 tsp ground Szechuan peppercorns
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tsp chilli oil (plus more to taste)
4 to 6 tsp soya sauce
Thinly sliced celery (cut on a diagonal)
Julienned spring onion
Torn coriander leaves
Toasted sesame seeds
Do this now!
1 Place the chicken and ginger into a small saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil; turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl and insert a strainer.
2 When the chicken is cooked, strain it and place the strainer in the ice bath to shock the chicken. Once the chicken is cool, drain and place it in a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and lightly beat the chicken with a small frying pan; set aside.
3 In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Szechuan pepper, sugar, sesame oil, chilli oil, and 4 tsp soya sauce. Tear the chicken into bite-sized pieces over the bowl, add your garnishes and toss to combine, adding more soya sauce or chilli oil if desired.
Makes 4 servings