More Useful Stuff
- +Eat These Common Foods to Cut Your Risk Of Colon Cancer
- +Man With Problems Peeing Gets 800g Stone Removed From Bladder
- +Can Broccoli and Cauliflower Really Kill Cancer?
- +5 Cancers That Kill Men - And How To Spot Them Before It's Too Late
- +Eating These Foods May Help Stop Prostate Cancer In Its Tracks
The University of Illinois study found nothing shrunk prostate tumours in rats more effectively, apart from the rather less appealing measure of castration. Quite a motivator for mice and men. “We know these two foods work better together, but it’s going to take years to find out exactly why,” says study author Dr John Erdman.
In the mean-time we know what you’d rather be doing with the pizza cutter…
THE 5-MINUTE RECIPE
Broccoli and Artichoke Pizza by Lyndel Costain:
>30cm pizza base
>200ml tomato sauce
>150g broccoli, lightly steamed
>2 artichoke hearts, chopped
>40g olives, sliced
>1 green pepper, sliced
Preheat the oven to 220°C (gas mark 7) and lightly oil a baking tray. Spread the sauce over the pizza base to within 2.5cm of the rim, then place the broccoli, artichoke, olives, peppers and mozzerella on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.