More Useful Stuff
- +How To Pour A Beer Properly
- +Is Drinking Every Day—Even a Little Bit—Going to Turn You Into an Alcoholic?
- +This Is How Drinking Beer Affects Your Muscle And Fitness Gains
- +8 Surprising Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Booze
- +Here’s Another Scientific Benefit Of Drinking Beer, Because You Deserve Good News
The United Kingdom is the country with the 6th highest beer consumption per capita, at 99l per year, South Africa is ranked at number 23, with 59.2l of beer consumed per capita per year, according to a study by the Kirin Brewery Company. The recommended allowance for alcohol consumption for men is 24-32g of pure alcohol per day. However, new research suggests that a mere five grams of pure alcohol per day is more effective in decreasing chronic diseases.