More Useful Stuff
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Your Supper, Sorted: Beef Kebabs And Sweet Potato Chips
- +Do This With Your Finger To Make Healthier Food Choices
- +5 Festive Season Food Hacks To Stop You Eating Til You Feel Bloated And Guilty
- +Your New Favourite Recipe. This Is The Single Best Way to Cook a Steak
Oak-Smoked Chocolate Mousse With Braaied Bananas
– 2 cups dark chocolate
– Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
– 1 cup cream, whipped softly
– 4 egg whites, whisked to a stiff peak
– 4 bananas
– 1 dark chocolate slab
1.) Place the chocolate in a bowl over a bain-marie. In a Weber, bring oak chips to a smoke over low heat. Place the bain-marie inside the Weber and cover. The chocolate will smoke and melt in about 30 minutes.
2.) Remove the chocolate from the heat and leave to temper until it reaches room temperature. Stir in the vanilla seeds. Gently fold in a quarter of the cream, then fold in the rest of the cream. Gently fold in the egg whites.
3.) Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Grill the bananas, skins on, over medium heat. The banana is cooked once the skin has gone completely black.
4.) Serve the bananas hot or cold with the chocolate mousse.