More Useful Stuff
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +Use This Super-Easy Trick To Make Your Steak More Tender
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
Oak-Smoked Chocolate Mousse With Braaied Bananas
– 2 cups dark chocolate
– Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
– 1 cup cream, whipped softly
– 4 egg whites, whisked to a stiff peak
– 4 bananas
– 1 dark chocolate slab
1.) Place the chocolate in a bowl over a bain-marie. In a Weber, bring oak chips to a smoke over low heat. Place the bain-marie inside the Weber and cover. The chocolate will smoke and melt in about 30 minutes.
2.) Remove the chocolate from the heat and leave to temper until it reaches room temperature. Stir in the vanilla seeds. Gently fold in a quarter of the cream, then fold in the rest of the cream. Gently fold in the egg whites.
3.) Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Grill the bananas, skins on, over medium heat. The banana is cooked once the skin has gone completely black.
4.) Serve the bananas hot or cold with the chocolate mousse.