More Useful Stuff
- +Why You Should Be Taking Probiotics If You Want A Flat Belly
- +Eat These 5 Foods To Slow Down Hair Loss
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Eat These 8 Best Foods For All-Day Energy
- +Are You Hangry Every Day? You Could Have A Metabolic Problem
– ¾ cup good-
– 4 tbsp witblits
– 2 tbsp cornflour
– 3 cups cheddar, grated
– 2 cups creamy blue cheese, crumbled
– Few slices day-old artisanal bread
– 1 cup baby tomatoes
– 1 cup gherkins
– 1 cup pickled onions
– ½ red chilli, finely chopped
– 6 rashers bacon, cooked until crisp and finely chopped
– ½ cup dry biltong, finely chopped
Serves 6 to 8
1. Place a medium-sized can on medium-high-temperature coals. Add the port and reduce by a third. Mix the witblits with cornflour to create a slurry.
2. The coals will be slightly cooler now. Add the cheese, a handful at a time and stir continuously to ensure the cheese melts evenly. Once melted, add the slurry and stir continuously until the cornflour has cooked and the mixture is the consistency of a thick white sauce.
3. Toast the bread on a grid over the coals. Skewer the tomatoes and pickles.
4. Garnish the cheese mixture with chili. Serve with sides of bacon, biltong, tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions and toast. This is perfect as a starter but can be elaborated with more sides to serve as a main course.