More Useful Stuff
- +Why You Should Be Taking Probiotics If You Want A Flat Belly
- +Eat These 5 Foods To Slow Down Hair Loss
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Nope, These Superfoods Will Not Cure Cancer Or Make Your Penis Bigger
- +Eat These 8 Best Foods For All-Day Energy
Beat nicotine with a nectarine. Scientists from the University at Buffalo report that eating fruit and vegetables can help you quit smoking. In the 14-month study, people who consumed at least four daily servings of produce were three times as likely to stub the cigs for good as those who ate less than two servings. Study author Jeffrey Haibach, says smokers often mistake hunger for tobacco cravings, so the satiating effect of fibre-rich produce may keep them from lighting up. Another benefit: fruit and vegetables worsen the flavour of that ciggie, making it taste as disgusting to you as it smells to others.