More Useful Stuff
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +Use This Super-Easy Trick To Make Your Steak More Tender
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
Beat nicotine with a nectarine. Scientists from the University at Buffalo report that eating fruit and vegetables can help you quit smoking. In the 14-month study, people who consumed at least four daily servings of produce were three times as likely to stub the cigs for good as those who ate less than two servings. Study author Jeffrey Haibach, says smokers often mistake hunger for tobacco cravings, so the satiating effect of fibre-rich produce may keep them from lighting up. Another benefit: fruit and vegetables worsen the flavour of that ciggie, making it taste as disgusting to you as it smells to others.