More Useful Stuff
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Your Supper, Sorted: Beef Kebabs And Sweet Potato Chips
- +Do This With Your Finger To Make Healthier Food Choices
- +5 Festive Season Food Hacks To Stop You Eating Til You Feel Bloated And Guilty
- +Your New Favourite Recipe. This Is The Single Best Way to Cook a Steak
Beat nicotine with a nectarine. Scientists from the University at Buffalo report that eating fruit and vegetables can help you quit smoking. In the 14-month study, people who consumed at least four daily servings of produce were three times as likely to stub the cigs for good as those who ate less than two servings. Study author Jeffrey Haibach, says smokers often mistake hunger for tobacco cravings, so the satiating effect of fibre-rich produce may keep them from lighting up. Another benefit: fruit and vegetables worsen the flavour of that ciggie, making it taste as disgusting to you as it smells to others.