More Useful Stuff
- +Can Drinking Every Day Ward Off Dementia?
- +How Drinking Too Much Can Up Your Odds Of Skin Cancer
- +The Incredible Story Of How This Addict Went From Rock Bottom To Redemption
- +Here's Why Booze Can Make Your Face Red, Flushed, and Swollen
- +Is Drinking Every Day—Even a Little Bit—Going to Turn You Into an Alcoholic?
Forget powdered eggs. Powdered alcohol (Palcohol) almost became legal in the US yesterday.
The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau reportedly approved powdered alcohol, but then later stated that it had done so “In error”.
Just like mixing a packet of Game or Tang, a 30 gram packet of Palcohol can reportedly be stashed in your pocket and then mixed with water to turn a gathering into a party.
Lipsmark, the company that manufactures the Palcohol, claims that it’s “equal to a standard mixing drink”. If Palcohol is eventually approved, Americans will able to buy the product different flavours, which include Cosmopolitan, Mojito, Powderita (which tastes like margarita). Powderita contains 10-12% alcohol, according to the company’s website.
Lipsmark reports that you can snort Palcohol, which will then be absorbed into your system instantly, but states that doing so is a bad idea because it’s bound to “mess you up”.