More Useful Stuff
- +You're Way More Drunk Than You Think You Are, According To Science
- +8 Surprising Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Booze
- +Science Explains Why You’re a Jerk When You Drink Alcohol
- +BUSTED: 8 Hangover Myths You Need Stop Believing
- +7 Health Reasons You Should Knock Back A Beer Right Now
Forget powdered eggs. Powdered alcohol (Palcohol) almost became legal in the US yesterday.
The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau reportedly approved powdered alcohol, but then later stated that it had done so “In error”.
Just like mixing a packet of Game or Tang, a 30 gram packet of Palcohol can reportedly be stashed in your pocket and then mixed with water to turn a gathering into a party.
Lipsmark, the company that manufactures the Palcohol, claims that it’s “equal to a standard mixing drink”. If Palcohol is eventually approved, Americans will able to buy the product different flavours, which include Cosmopolitan, Mojito, Powderita (which tastes like margarita). Powderita contains 10-12% alcohol, according to the company’s website.
Lipsmark reports that you can snort Palcohol, which will then be absorbed into your system instantly, but states that doing so is a bad idea because it’s bound to “mess you up”.