More Useful Stuff
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +7 Things You Do In the Morning That Make You Feel Tired All Day
- +Eat Your Way To A Healthy Heart With These 5 Snacks
3 garlic cloves, minced
Grated zest of 2 oranges
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1½ tbsp chopped, fresh rosemary
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1 pork loin (about 1kg), preferably with a thin layer of fat still attached
2 cans cannellini beans (also called great northern or white beans), drained Juice of one lemon
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Preheat the oven to 220°c. on a cutting board, combine the garlic, orange zest, fennel seeds and one tablespoon of the rosemary. chop the mix until it forms a paste. scoop it up into a small bowl and add the oil.
2. Season the pork with salt and pepper and rub it all overwith the paste. (if you like, you can let it marinate for up to four hours in the fridge before cooking.) Then place the pork in a roasting pan and bake until a thermometer inserted into the middle reads 70°c, 25 to 30 minutes. Take the meat out and let it rest 10 minutes.
3. In a saucepan, heat the beans, lemon juice and remaining rosemary until warmed through. season with salt and pepper. slice the pork and serve with the beans.
Makes 6 servings
1 513kJ, 47g protein, 22g carbohydrates, 6g fibre, 9g fat, 134mg sodium