More Useful Stuff
- +Why You Should Be Taking Probiotics If You Want A Flat Belly
- +Whole Milk or Fat Free: Which One Should You Be Drinking?
- +Your New Favourite Recipe. This Is The Single Best Way to Cook a Steak
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
In a Japanese study, people who ate citrus fruit nearly every day had a lower risk of cardiovascular disease than those who almost never ate any.
The high antioxidant levels in citrus may block the formation of free radicals and repair existing damage, according to the study. Try orange, tangerine or grapefruit sections in salad; or substitute diced citrus for tomatoes in salsa to use as a quick, fresh sauce for grilled fish.