More Useful Stuff
- +Your New Favourite Recipe. This Is The Single Best Way to Cook a Steak
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
In a Japanese study, people who ate citrus fruit nearly every day had a lower risk of cardiovascular disease than those who almost never ate any.
The high antioxidant levels in citrus may block the formation of free radicals and repair existing damage, according to the study. Try orange, tangerine or grapefruit sections in salad; or substitute diced citrus for tomatoes in salsa to use as a quick, fresh sauce for grilled fish.