More Useful Stuff
- +Bulletproof Your Back With This Circuit
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +Most Guys Believe This Myth About Bench Pressing - But It Could Get You Seriously Injured
- +Here's How You Can Steal The Rock’s Secret Weapon For Building Muscle
Beware a spinal trap: new research from Yale School of Medicine suggests that an achy back may make you overeat. In the study, people with chronic lower-back pain enjoyed pudding less than pain-free people did. The researchers also found that no link existed between how much the back-pain sufferers liked the food and the quantity they ate. This disconnect may occur because brain circuits that process pain overlap with those that register food’s appeal, says study author Dr Paul Geha. The effect is stronger with fatty foods, so keep less of them around.