More Useful Stuff
- +10 Reasons Your Eyes Are Bloodshot (And No, It's Not Weed)
- +Do This Kettlebell Workout To Chisel Your Abs And Lower Body
- +Hunger Hack: Here's How To Tell If You're Hungry or Just Bored
- +This Is The #1 Killer Of Men. Make Sure You Avoid It
- +These 5 Crazy Facts Will Make You Want To Sleep Naked. Every Night.
Treat her from the moment she wakes up. Use our Mother’s Day Pancake Recipe and make her a breakfast in bed that she will love. Whole-wheat berry pancakes and maple cinnamon yoghurt for a healthy and sweet treat.
11/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup ground flax meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup skim milk, plus more if necessary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup mixed fresh berries
170g of plain Greek yoghurt
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix together the flour, flax meal, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk, salt, and brown sugar until mixed well. Stir in the dry ingredients and the fresh berries.
Place a frying pan over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
While the pan is heating up, mix together the yoghurt, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
Drop 1/4 cup of the batter on the pan per pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 11/2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown. Makes about 12 pancakes.
Place three pancakes on a plate and pour 1/4 of the yoghurt sauce on top. Add fresh berries and enjoy. Serves four.